Dropshipping is a popular method many ecommerce businesses use to easily deliver products to their customers. When you use a dropshipping supplier, your company no longer needs to worry about manufacturing, storing, or shipping the products you sell online. Instead, you connect your online store to one of the best dropshipping suppliers available, and you can ensure the products purchased on your website are efficiently sent to your customers.
While dropshipping isn’t the best method of distribution for all companies, it can be extremely beneficial for ecommerce companies. If you’ve been contemplating dropshipping services, this guide will walk you through how to find the best dropshipping suppliers in 2020.
Best American Dropshipping Suppliers
- Oberlo: Best for ecommerce sites powered by Shopify.
- Doba: Best for features and convenience.
- SaleHoo: Most affordable service with the largest selection of products and suppliers.
- Wholesale2b: Top choice for simple, fast service.
- Worldwide Brands: Offers a one-time fee for access to top suppliers.
- Inventory Source: Best for automated orders and deliveries.
- Dropified: Best complete drop shipping solution.
Different dropshipping suppliers will work better for different business ideas and industries. You’ll also want to understand how your website provider might impact the dropship supplier you choose to work with. Use the details below to find the best dropship supplier for your business.
Best Dropshipping Suppliers
Best for ecommerce sites powered by Shopify.
If your website is powered by Shopify, Oberlo is an incredible out-of-the-box dropshipping solution for your business. Oberlo is a plugin and directory that makes it easy to integrate with your existing online store so you can easily dropship on Shopify.
- Minimal setup required
- Quick Shopify and AliExpress product integration
- Access to the Oberlo directory of products and stats on each product’s sales activity
- Free starter plan with a limit of 500 products
- Convenient Chrome extension makes it easy to add new items to your online store
- Bulk editing features
- Only available on Shopify
- Currently only supports AliExpress
- Starter plan does not include many basic features, such as shipment tracking or fulfillment monitoring
Overall, this dropshipping software is ideal for businesses looking to focus on marketing, who want help deciding what to offer in their shop, and would prefer a low-touch management and fulfillment system.
In addition to their free Starter plan, Oberlo also has two paid plans: $29.90 per month for up to 10,000 products and $79.90 for up to 30,000 products.
Best for features and convenience.
Many dropshipping companies have access to limited suppliers, which could hinder the number of products your website is able to sell. Alternatively, many ecommerce platforms work with multiple dropshipping suppliers to get around this obstacle. Doba, on the other hand, provides comprehensive, robust services with an expansive product directory. With Doba, you add the products you want to sell to your website, then Doba reaches out to the suppliers on your behalf and ships the correct product to your customers.
- Access to over 2 million products from 200+ suppliers
- Low dropshipment price guarantee
- Integrations with most major ecommerce sites (BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento, 3d Cart, Volusion, and others)
- Mid-range membership prices (starting at $29 per month)
- Easy to use and manage
- More expensive per order fees ($0.99 per order)
- Higher monthly fees for access to full inventory and suppliers ($69 to $249)
- High restocking fees for returns
Most affordable service with the largest selection of products and suppliers.
If access to a large number of suppliers and products is what you’re after, SaleHoo has connections to the most—with 8,000 suppliers and 2.5 million products available. SaleHoo also offers market research that can help your company make smarter marketing and product sales decisions.
- Expansive supplier and product lists
- Access to sales tools to help you make smart product choices
- Easy process for sourcing products
- Low prices ($67 per year or $127 for a lifetime membership)
- Many products seem overpriced
- No location-based search available for locating suppliers
- SaleHoo will not contact suppliers on your behalf
Top choice for simple, fast service.
This dropshipping supplier allows you to instantly connect with products held by a large number of suppliers across the country. Not to mention, Wholesale2b supports a variety of ecommerce platforms and allows you to sign up for free to browse their products before committing.
- Access to over 1.5 million products
- Many ecommerce integrations for popular platforms (Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento)
- Marketplace integrations with eBay and Amazon
- Ability to choose from different dropshipping plans
- Simple, easy-to-use interface
- Multiple price points depending on your ecommerce platform
- The customer support process is slow
- No sales or marketing performance tools
- On the more expensive side ($24.99 to $39.99 per month on average)
5. Worldwide Brands
Offers a one-time fee for access to top suppliers.
What Worldwide Brands does better than most of their competitors is that they compile lists of verified, industry-standard wholesale and dropshippers from across the country. This service is a little different than other dropshipping suppliers since it provides you with only the access you need and not a platform for ordering.
- Affordability (pay a one-time fee of $299 for a lifetime subscription to a supplier list)
- Direct access to wholesalers and suppliers with contact information
- Competitive product pricing
- Helpful customer support team
- Payment plans available
- No direct platform to track orders or manage deliveries
- You must contact suppliers on your own
If you’re already established in the ecommerce industry and not new to dropshipping, Worldwide Brands is worth looking into. But if you’re hoping for an all-in-one solution, you might want to pass on this option.
6. Inventory Source
Best for automated orders and deliveries.
This high-tech dropshipping supplier boasts an array of features that ecommerce companies want—inventory and order automation, storefront options, and shipment details that sync directly to your customers. Inventory Source is also compatible with the most popular ecommerce platforms.
- Inventory sync so your store always displays available quantities
- Integrated supplier network
- Access to over 1 million products and 150 suppliers
- Compatible with Shopify, Amazon, eBay, WordPress, Shopify, Zen Cart, Yahoo Stores, Joomla, and many more
- Free account access to view available products
- Extensive features (storefront access, tracking sync, access to eBay tools, customization options)
- Expensive cost (starts at $99 per month)
- No access to marketing or sales analysis tools
- Additional fees charged for using multiple suppliers
If you don’t need market analysis tools and are willing to pay a slightly higher monthly price for access to extensive tools and features, Inventory Source might be the right dropshipping solution for your business.
Best complete drop shipping solution.
This dropshipping supplier (formerly named Shopified) can help you automate your ecommerce business with minimal time investment. Dropified offers access to top suppliers, streamlines the setup and ordering process, and allows you to manage multiple stores through their Premier Account.
- Bandwidth to handle 20,000 orders per store per month
- One-click feature to add products to your store, quickly
- Integrates with Shopify, WooCommerce, CommerceHQ, and more
- Fully automated order fulfillment, inventory scans, and shipment tracking features
- Two different plans to choose from
- Order audit tools
- High monthly prices (packages range from $47 to $127 per month)
- Automated fulfillment is only available for AliExpress products
This all-in-one solution is ideal for established ecommerce stores or existing retail stores looking to make the switch to ecommerce. Dropified might be too steep a price for young businesses, though.
What Matters Most When Searching for the Best Dropshipping Suppliers?
Becoming a successful dropshipping partner requires some upfront effort and time investment. Finding the right dropshipping supplier comes down to a variety of factors.
First, you’ll want to make sure you have an online storefront created so you have a space to efficiently sell ecommerce products. If you do not want to go through the hassle of setting up your own storefront, you should look for a dropshipping supplier that provides access to storefronts as part of your membership.
Next, you’ll need to decide if you’re going to market your web store or list your products on third-party marketplaces like eBay, Wish, or Amazon. Alternatively, you can pursue both tactics to find out which works better for your company There are dropshipping services that implement both methods, so make sure you search for a supplier that fits your needs.
You will also need to consider price and the amount of time you’re willing to spend on your storefront. If you prefer an automated solution, you’ll likely have to pay more each month for these features. If you have more time to spend manually ordering and reaching out to suppliers, you can typically keep your cost low or even enroll in a free dropshipping service.
The Bottom Line
Dropshipping is a unique solution that allows ecommerce sites to easily sell products online without holding the inventory or distributing the orders. When researching the best dropshipping suppliers, it’s important to keep your company’s needs in mind and find a solution that best fits your business model and budget.
Courtney Johnston is a freelance writer, specializing in finance, real estate, and small business. Her writing has appeared in The Chicago Tribune, Benzinga, Rocket Mortgage, BestReviews, Mashvisor, and MoneyGeek. She also teaches writing instruction at the University of Indianapolis. Courtney enjoys condensing complex topics into easily digestible content for readers.